People experiencing pain, movement dysfunction, traumatic injuries, and repetitive pain-related injuries can find results and solutions through dry needling. A solid fine filament needle is used to address musculoskeletal deficits found during a movement analysis conducted after intake. Benefits of dry needling include pain reduction, improved mobility, and normalization of muscle activation patterns needed for healthy, functional movement. Also known as Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS), dry needling is a unique therapy often administered in tandem with traditional physical therapy exercises. It works by targeting trigger points and muscle dysfunction to alleviate pain and reduce muscle tension, allowing patients to speed up recovery times. Often, patients will see an immediate improvement in range of motion.
Resets muscle function which can lead to:
- Pain relief for sports injuries, general muscle pain, and even fibromyalgia
- Improved flexibility and increased range of motion
- Recovery post athletic competition
- Enhanced sports performance
- Increased movement and activity level